Earlier this month I announced that I’m stepping down from my role as Technical Projects Manager at the Open Rights Group. I can now announce that they’re hiring to replace me.
ORG are looking for someone to:
- Manage their technical projects.
- Direct their software-development work.
- Facilitate, encourage, promote and grow their community of technical volunteers.
- Contribute to their policy work.
Your knowledge, experience and skills should include (in descending order of importance):
- Proficiency in written and oral communication (in English).
- A track-record of coordinating or managing technical projects – with a few examples of projects delivered.
- Demonstrable interest in ORG’s issues and campaigns.
- Broad technical knowledge, including familiarity with most of the following:
- Networking and the internet
- Web development
- User-experience design
- Agile software-development practices
- Free and open-source software
- GNU/Linux systems administration
- Computer and network security
- Experience facilitating volunteer projects.
If you’d like to apply, please check out the full job description, and then follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.